Aug 24, 2011

Prayogam: A newcomer's experimental movie...!!!

Imagine if a screen is split by four and all the four frames are simultaneously showing 'action' for almost 2 hours! Such experiment was never done before, neither in Telugu cinema nor in Indian cinema. A young filmmaker Bhanu Prakash from Hyderabad comes up with this novel idea - making a thriller with four split screens. The film is aptly titled Prayogam.

"While I was doing as software engineer in Delhi, my interest in films grew up and I went to London to do a course in filmmaking there. At my film school, I came up with this idea of setting up four cameras in four different locations and showing the live action on screen by splitting the screens into four frames," Bhanu Prakash said.

Normally screens are split for a minute or so in the films to show two or three different action events. "But I have decided to film 80 % of the movie in this mode. Roughly it comes around 2 hours of run time while my movie's entire runt time is 2 hours 20 minutes. It is a thriller revolving around drugs syndicate, so I am showing various moods of actors on different frames, so that audiences can witness 'live' what really is going on," he added. 

"I have not come across this kind of narration in anywhere in the world. So it is unique experiment. We have made the film as an experiment but it has all the necessary commercial ingredients," Bhanu Prakash said.

Prayogam has actor Surya (of Show fame) in the lead role and cinematography is by T Surender Reddy. Rattamma Bulusu is the producer while Bhanu Prakash has written and directed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment