Aug 28, 2011

Launch of the 'grand son-in-law'...!!!

It was an initiation of sorts for actor Ram Charan Tej into Upasana Kamineni's family as the actor made his first public appearance with Prathap C Reddy, the founder and Sangita Reddy, MD of the hospital group. 

The actor, who even cheerfully took the 'Apollo' oath, went on to cement relationships with "Prathap thatha" and "Sangita aunty". However, it was quite disappointing to see his soon-to-be- fiancee, Upasana, missing at the event. While Sangita introduced Charan as the "new member of the Apollo family", Prathap went a step ahead, welcoming his "grand son-in-law". 

Charan on his part floored the crowd as he greeted them in Telugu, English and Malayalam. "Ninety-three per cent of the staff here is from Kerala," stated the actor who obviously had done his homework well. A beaming Charan went on... "I feel honored to be here and be part of the Go Green initiative. I can be a doctor, nurse or paramedic in a movie, but I cannot do it in real life. So, my contribution for the cause is to spread awareness for this initiative across the state. Coming from a filmi family, I now have to adjust myself to be part of a larger and much bigger health care family." 

Recalling his family's 30-year association with founder Prathap C Reddy, Charan said, "The love and affection showered on me by Prathap thatha has filled the void left by my grandparents."

No comments:

Post a Comment